Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tuning SBC for fuel economy questions?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 08:41 AM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A T 25
Hey Frisco:
Is the 5 window in your photo album your latest project it looks awsome and sounds great. I was looking to sell my 25 this spring to get the cash to build a 5 window much like that! The American Graffiti style coupe is still my dream car.
Yes, the five window has been my latest project for the past three years. Very slow going due to some health problems (myself and my wife); but I continue to plod along. Just got the engine running a few weeks ago. I still need to run exhaust pipes and mufflers from the lake style headers. I have had it registered and insured all the while and here in N.C. I can run YOM (Year Of Manufacturer) plates as long as I have the actual registered plates with me. I want to change the rims and tires as I don't like the look of the larger front tires. Steering is a Vega box and is as easy as power steering on this light car. Four wheel disc brakes with power assist all around. Mild 350 engine. 350 trans with B&M Transpak. 9" Ford rear with 3.50 posi and Moser axles.

A really fun ride was taken recently. The town I live closest to was having a local fair of sorts ('Mater' Fest) and they had a "Classic car show". I was out with the coupe to calibrate the speedometer. Got that done and told my son we should take a spin thru town. Probably the one time of the year I could do that with no mufflers without getting a ticket. Cruised on thru at parade speeds due to traffic. That was a memorable day. Lots of folks waving. LOUD pipes (barely above idle) and my Hot Rod coupe.

I've still got a ton of work to do; but the milestone of being able to drive it has been achieved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	left rear.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	23416   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	23417   Click image for larger version

Name:	dash.jpg
Views:	75