Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tuning SBC for fuel economy questions?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Takes Guts To Cut One Up

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by red65mustang
Not A T,
thought this was going to be a easy one till I looked in your gallery!

3 2V's!

with the new timing.... 14base/24cent/10vac= 48* total just cruisin' 65mph....Hg should read 18"+...the 383 is totally loafing in your light car....
at 13-14Hg you are "tipping into" a richer mix/lousy burn...due to the 3 dueces????
"if" it is now 18"/65mph, and your vacuum can is adjustable....I would use 12/24/14Vac for 50 total cruisin'

depending on your cam and CR....I would be a little careful....WOT with 38* can be ping/knock
what does the Hg read on a mild downshift engine at temp?...
Since this post I have recurved the distributor to be all in at 2400 RPM with 48 deg total. I did not record the vac at a kick down but it does drop to near nothing. I have a pretty good feeling that I am just getting into the secondary carbs at cruse since if I let off slightly it goes up to around 22" and if I accelerate slightly it starts to drop off significantly. my progressive linkage is adjusted all the way out and the only thoughts I had was increasing the jetting in the middle carb to get me all the way off of the secondary carbs but I am concerned that I may run fat at that point. The carbs in the picture are the old set up I have the demon six shooter on now it runs very nice just trying to get a little better mileage out of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	035.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	23421