Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tunnel Ram 327
Thread: Tunnel Ram 327
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 04:00 PM

Last journal entry: nova
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

390 vacuum sec carbs will work on a tunnelram setup . After i had built my set up ,I was in the process of tuning my carbs,and i asked if any one on here had experience with a tunnelram set up,with tuning the carbs.. One of the moderaters on here(Willys36} helped me tune my set up along with camaroman,and 1bad80.. but at first Willys36 told me i would be better of running a set of 390 vac-sec carbs,cause the sec-plates wouldnt come into play until they was needed..NOW his advice was only for street use driving,not drag racing. But i already had what i had,so they helped me tune them.. I went to a local car show and there was a truck that was running a set of 390 carbs on his 350.. so yes i know they will work.

Quote:
Originally posted by lluciano77
The 390s are going to run too lean. 450s just barely cut it on my 5.0 that I had the tunnel ram on. The idle circuits are just too lean on the 390s.

Musky2,
There was ice on your Offy because you had a fuel leak in one or both of your carbs. Fuel is a coolant. With a tunnel ram, the cooling effect is greatly increased. You were running rich.

If you want show without go, then run a tunnel ram on the street. I think it is cooler to have a faster car than it is to have a poser car.

Just because your 5.0 was slow ,doesnt mean everyones else's is.. I have a fast car,and believe me,its not a poser..To bad you dont live close to silverdollar raceway here in georgia,cause I would show you.
He** i would even let you drive it, and feel the power.
Im not saying a tunnelram setup is better then a single carb setup,but what i have now is badddddddddddddd. period..

Last edited by Robbie; 07-10-2004 at 04:00 PM.