Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tunnel Ram 327
Thread: Tunnel Ram 327
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 11:40 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

tunnel ram

LLuciano 77 ; you might be right about the carbs were running rich or leaking on my old Offenhauser because : that was the first tunnel ram I ever tried out , I brought it from Calif. around 1972 in the back of my 64 327 , 365 horse Jeep . I was young and dreamed of running this polished ram , especially in L A my original home . I sold the 327 and replaced it with a stock 327 in the jeep and believe it or not it ran pretty good , but yes it was well over carbureted with two 600 Holleys ; so you were right about that point . Now I dont understand what you are saying about show and no go ! Seems to me if I am running the well set up tunnel ram on my highly modified 350 Chevy 55 that I would be show and go not just one or the other . Do you really believe that the same two cars with the same engines but one with a single 4 barrel and the other with the tunnel and two 4 s that the single 4 car would win ? Im not brilliant but ! Ill leave it to the experts so youll carry on so I can learn . never too late they say !