Thread: Tunnel ram bogs
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 10:54 PM

Last journal entry: A little cancer
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BIRD'88 View Post
Your timing is not locked out. You do not need or want a timing curve.
You want full fixed timing 36deg at idle and 36deg at rpm.
Eliminate the timing curve. This cam need fixed locked timing to get a clean launch.
Then remove the carb spacers. Mount the 750 carbs direct on the intake manifold.
This is where you start tuning..

before you reported good "drivability and throttle response . Now the story has changed. WHY?
I need to clarify the timing. It has a 20degree start retard then goes to 36 at 1000 and idles at 1120. Mmmm? It just hit me, in gear it's down around 850-900. But I was at 1100 and 1500 when I tried the 2 lunches (per ur suggestion that I lunch at a lower RPM) and got the bog. The bog seem to go away at around 3500. That is, holding different RPM in park and hammer it (briefly) lol Drivablity is very good, that's what makes it so perplexing. Read the plugs after about 8 miles and was lean so went to 116 mains with 1442 (.063" x .037") Rod and from 107 to 110 secondary, needless to say it still bogs just playing with it in the garage. In respect for the neighbors I shut it down for the night. I removed the spacers the other day and added 1" more between the carbs and scoop to get it back in the wind as you and 33willys suggested.