Originally Posted by 33Willys77
I am going to throw this out - it worked great for me, but you need to be careful. It is all trial and hoping. I had 2 750cfm carters on a tunnel ram, on a 426 wedge. To get it to respond perfect, I took some of the weight of the air doors / butterflies. The transistion did not have any bog at any starting RPM. I launched off an idle (no trans brake) and hit N2O at the same time. It would pull the front wheels (sometimes the left rear too) and never bogged. Car ran low 10's over 138 MPH in the 1/4 on street tires. I had much better response once I took the weight off. This is not for every application - adding weight back on would be a pain, but can be done. I had other motors where I took too much off - you will know if you do - falls on its face.
Seems like this would be a very tricky deal. Think I'll keep that as a last resort cause like you said "adding weight would be a pain". I have no way of knowing how much to remove or if it would even help in this case. I'm sure the N2O helped also.