Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tunnel rams are cooool
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BIRD'88 View Post
Find two 650-700-750 matching DPs to use as donors to build you own custom HP 750's. (proform HP body kit)
This will build the most power and response once dialed in.

Or two edelbrock 1407's.. The vacuum carbs 600-750-780 will need a ton of rework to get them to do more than run. But they will run on it.
Small side hung bowls allow inline mounting. Or secondary metering plates allow inline mounting with centerhung bowls (like the 660's x2).

Every carb pair you end up with will need fine tuning to get them right. A AFR gauge and a vacuum gauge and lots of drive testing and tuning. Its up to you as to how well it works. (effort)
A a pair of the 660 centersquirters are the closest to being correct out of the box.

Edelbrocks can work very well. The 750 would be my choice and recomendation if you go that route.
So if my choice was 2 600vs holleys, vs 2 750dp holleys, the tune is going to be easier, and its going to make more power with the double pumpers?
And yes, I knew there was going to be some effort with pv's and jetting etc to get them right. I'm OK with that
What did you think of the combo overall, assuming bodix/summit heads? Cam, compression etc....I'm hoping to turn it to 6500+ occasionally and would like to see an honest 400+ HP from 360ci.