Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tunnel rams are cooool
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

ok so tunnel rams are cool but is that why your using one. I am building an engine that I hope will see north of 400 hp with a edelbrock torker II and single carb 600cfm. Now the torker II might need to be replaced with a victor style intake to make the numbers i want but it will be dam close either way.

For your setup a victor jr with the 750 dp is the goal anything else will be fluff and for looks.

Most people running a ram are far north of 400 hp. usally in the 500 to 700 range. Better to use a more street able intake with a single carb than to go wild with tunnel rams and dual carbs.

That being said if someone gave me the intake i would surely bolt it on to something. But not sure it would be a good choice for a panel van. and rpm air gap would run the number with less effort in tuning and much less cost.

If you already have a linkage for tunnel ram that works stick with that setup. Buying new linkage can actually cost more than the manifold. Sometimes you have to run what you got.

Is this a race car or street car?