Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tunnel rams are cooool
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
ok so tunnel rams are cool but is that why your using one. I am building an engine that I hope will see north of 400 hp with a edelbrock torker II and single carb 600cfm. Now the torker II might need to be replaced with a victor style intake to make the numbers i want but it will be dam close either way.

For your setup a victor jr with the 750 dp is the goal anything else will be fluff and for looks.

Most people running a ram are far north of 400 hp. usally in the 500 to 700 range. Better to use a more street able intake with a single carb than to go wild with tunnel rams and dual carbs.

That being said if someone gave me the intake i would surely bolt it on to something. But not sure it would be a good choice for a panel van. and rpm air gap would run the number with less effort in tuning and much less cost.

If you already have a linkage for tunnel ram that works stick with that setup. Buying new linkage can actually cost more than the manifold. Sometimes you have to run what you got.

Is this a race car or street car?
Tunnel ram was for a few reasons, and absolutly some of which are pure asthetics, I'm OK with that...I wanted a no hood, 70's pro street vibe sorta deal, it has 70's center line solids on it, the motor will be dressed in full ghetto 70's vibe. It gets driven on the weekends, and occasionally to work, I love brutal anything. And will cam, compression and Carb it as much as I can get away with and still be comfortable driving it...and I have zero sense when it comes to what I will put up with if I find it entertaining. My dad has a smaller mellow version, 1934 chev sedan, with a 383 stroker, if I want something calm cool and colected to drive we will swap rides back and forth lol....but Friday night, when my week has been sht, and I have been dealing with soccer moms and the squeeks and rattles in their suv's or worse, the kids bringing in their modded, high boost Turbo stuff and arguing over why i can't warranty the big hole in their blocks after its seen 28psi of boost on a garbage tune, I want to jump in mine, sit and let it stumble and fight till its got some heat in it, and watch my guages, see my motor shake and move, and roll to whatever venue has a bunch of like minded people and just go screw around and abusing it cause it feels fantastic.......