Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tunnel rams are cooool
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bygddy View Post
Tunnel ram was for a few reasons, and absolutly some of which are pure asthetics, I'm OK with that...I wanted a no hood, 70's pro street vibe sorta deal, it has 70's center line solids on it, the motor will be dressed in full ghetto 70's vibe. It gets driven on the weekends, and occasionally to work, I love brutal anything. And will cam, compression and Carb it as much as I can get away with and still be comfortable driving it...and I have zero sense when it comes to what I will put up with if I find it entertaining. My dad has a smaller mellow version, 1934 chev sedan, with a 383 stroker, if I want something calm cool and colected to drive we will swap rides back and forth lol....but Friday night, when my week has been sht, and I have been dealing with soccer moms and the squeeks and rattles in their suv's or worse, the kids bringing in their modded, high boost Turbo stuff and arguing over why i can't warranty the big hole in their blocks after its seen 28psi of boost on a garbage tune, I want to jump in mine, sit and let it stumble and fight till its got some heat in it, and watch my guages, see my motor shake and move, and roll to whatever venue has a bunch of like minded people and just go screw around and abusing it cause it feels fantastic.......
Ok got ya. Then run what you got that will be cheap and still work properly. I love the old anglia look with the big poked out hilborn injection tubes with nasty big cam and tons of ugly stance with giant slicks trying to hide under a narrow chassis. Always nice to toss the tennis balls in the intake tubes at the car show after you pull up.

You know they still make hilborn even got a street efi setup.

Hilborn Fuel Injectors

Also love the tunnel rams personally i would probably be using two 1050s race demons but i am a little stupid with my own cars. I usally run stupid big cams as well.