Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tunnel rams are cooool
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:50 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

bygddy: F-bird has been a positive advocate for the TR's...
I don't post alot however seeing its on TR's share my setup. Years back helping out with friends cars/drag with carb tuning I decided to 'freshing" up a "street/strip" combo. A 30 over 427bbc with Edel roval port heads, comp extreme energy solid cam, with 10.75 comp. Then I wanted to do a dyno test comparison between edel rpm air gap and the dart single plane both where done with a BG mighty demon 850dp (The dyno guy was surprised at how well the single plane intake had done). And once I had a pair of holley 650dp's done we then ran the weiand pro-ram (eye candy is what the dyno guy called it ). Now this is from memory... the air gap 525hp@6400, Dart actually "peaked" at 6300rpm with 540hp. Now with the TR setup he ended up running flowmaster mufflers for the noise and admitted it would take some power away, It made 540hp@6400rpm, what we noticed was that the TR and the air gap were within couple of HP/TQ from start of pull 3500rpm to about 5000rpm then the TR pulled away and equaled the single plane but still carried thru where the single plane was going down (Now the dyno guy is a believer). There is a little more time setting up a TR however taking the time to tune any combo is key vs bolting on and going.