Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tunnel rams are cooool
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 632Mantis View Post
One thing about this hobby has always been: everyone has a different opinion about what they think WORKS.

I learned this when I was 16 years old, after talking to several different machinsts at different machine shops.
I was amazed at how they all seemed to contradict each other!
Ever since then, I knew what I was in for with this game.

Been playing it for years. Some things are still fun, some things are really annoying.
It's all about blood, sweat, tears, dollars, and hopefully some smiles along the way!
Well more about math. Several ways to get to the same goal but its not a game or a magic spell or even santa clause. Just some good old fashion math concerning tuned intake length.

Look at it this way your average newer v8 has a tuned intake length of about 3 feet. Your 6 inch version in a victory jr is not going to do the same thing as the 3 foot of oe cars or the 12-24 inches used in tunnel rams. No as long as the pipes are large enough there is no loss in top end power.

I bet you didnt listen to your women when she tried to talk some since into you either. If you ever get a chance give one a try and see how well they work in the real world. You may find the long runners improve performance at all rpms. Really is the same shape and design as a victor jr just a lot longer runners and larger plenum. Still has the same basic effect just most car dont have the room to run them.

Got fluid dynamics?