Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tunnel rams are cooool
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
A note here....Willys don't have suicide doors, unless you're talking rear doors on a 4 dr sedan. The coupes are std. door style. And they are not huge cars. Bigger than an Anglia or my little Austin, but smaller by far than many other American made coupes of the late 30's and early 40's.
And then there's the price! Bettter plan on a glass Willys coupe, as I bought and built my whole Austin for less than a bare '40-'41 Willys coupe shell would cost!
But the '55 Chevy is a big car, and a bit more affordable. You could get a running, driving '55 Chevy for what a Willys body costs!
No i mean to say add the suicide doors. That way you can make them open wide and fit your frame. I had a friend had one he paid nothing for it was converted to 4x4 for some reason it was cool. I think it had a big van 4x4 kit on it the tires were outside the frame and wheel wells.

I love the chevy II's myself. I got a line on a few rust buckets but looking for a clean one.