Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tunnel rams are cooool
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bygddy View Post
Picking up cam today, bought a comp 294s with lifters, $125 bucks still in the box!
248/248
525/525
Should work well I hope, may go 1.6 for more lift....
Need heads and hardware and I should be ready to get this show on the road!
After some good advice and some follow up reaserch its going to be the summit house brand 200cc /64cc
Or a set of pro-filer's.
So.....in summary,
360ci
10.5 comp
.041 quench
Comp 294s solid lifter can
200cc/64cc alum heads
Weiand tunnel ram
2 600 VS holley's
Msd ready to run dist/blaster 2 coil
Long tube 1 5/8 headers
3" exhaust, likely to dynomax race bullets.
TH350, shift kit, 3000 stall
Ford 9" 488 gears
Looking for 12:50's and a fun weekend beater...
Wish this snow would go away lol
Looks good i love the 294s its simply one of comps best cams. I got one from ebay recently guy said it was new it arrived out of the box and with the lifters dropped in the box and rolled agaisnt the cam every thing had little nicks and surface rust on it. Total junk had to send it back after a big fight.

I just got a set of procomps and they look pretty dam good. 210cc intakes and all pix in my profile. But hardware was all custom setup by machine shop i fpund on ebay. Got heads roller rocker stud girdle guide plate screw in heavy studs and head bolts all for 990 bucks. I can send you the link if you want.

Pix of procomps

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/memb...omp+heads.html

Summit brand is probably procomp as well. Or some other cheap casting. If you want cheap and good go with world of products motown heads they are cheap and do the job and avaible in 210cc intake runners. Edelbrock also makes a cheap head these days.