Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tunnel rams are cooool
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
Looks good i love the 294s its simply one of comps best cams. I got one from ebay recently guy said it was new it arrived out of the box and with the lifters dropped in the box and rolled agaisnt the cam every thing had little nicks and surface rust on it. Total junk had to send it back after a big fight.

I just got a set of procomps and they look pretty dam good. 210cc intakes and all pix in my profile. But hardware was all custom setup by machine shop i fpund on ebay. Got heads roller rocker stud girdle guide plate screw in heavy studs and head bolts all for 990 bucks. I can send you the link if you want.

Pix of procomps

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/memb...omp+heads.html

Summit brand is probably procomp as well. Or some other cheap casting. If you want cheap and good go with world of products motown heads they are cheap and do the job and avaible in 210cc intake runners. Edelbrock also makes a cheap head these days.
Summit's are Brodix IK200's, I had heard this from f-bird and the guy ibought my TR from, even come with a brodix warr card in the box.
Yah, for all the negativity I have heard about the procomps, a now know a couple guys using them from skip white's and im told he has his own hardware locally installed. One just made big power on the dyno using the procomp 210's. And he says the heads looked really nice, no surprises....$650 bucks!
I don't wanna turn this into a political thread about buy USA etc,but was surprised to hear how good they were, the first few generations of them were a disaster and always hit and miss on quality, but it appears that just isn't the case so much.
That being said, until there is some more info on them available I will likely stick wit the summits's.....1049$, 210 runners, and using the flow charts from brodix they should work very well......course I will likely screw them up with a little port work lol....but hey....
Oh and my cam, love it, jegs double shipped it to a guy I know,when he opened his order, there were 2 of them complete with lifters lol. So i bought the spare!