Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tunnel rams are cooool
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
I would go 210's as well but the 195 are probably the proper head. It will give more snap and power over the entire rpm band. The 210 will give more peak power but over a lesser rpm range. The 195 will give a lot more low end punch in a street driven car. This will make the car faster from point a to point b. Maybe not the best dyno numbers but faster none the less.
That's almost exactly what they said. With this cam and the TR and a self imposed shift point of 6800 I'm not going to be maximizing the airflow of the intake and cam anyways, so they suggested that these heads would likely make less power at the top for a more rounded motor down low. He thinks I will be very surprised at how much torque this will make. And as anyone who follows my occasional drivel on here knows , I love bigger and generally subscribe to more is better theory. It was almost painfull not arguing with the tech guy when I ordered them lol.