Hot Rod Forum banner

Tunning two holley 450 on a tunnel ram

13K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ags111075 
#1 ·
I just put a weiand street tunnel ram with two 450 holley's mechanical secondary carbs on my t-bucket. The motor is a stock 350 with a crane 274H06 (.450 lift,218@.050,106LSA). It has a 2500 stall and 4.11 gears and weights about 1800 pounds. I have a lean hesitation when I floor it then it takes off. I know people have this problem do to no rear accelerator pump. Any suggestions how to correct this? Do i start with bigger squirter's ,50cc kit or accelerator pump cams? Or should i ditch the 450's and run 600's vacuum secondaries. Thanks for the help!

#2 ·
It has a stock gm points style distributor with the petronix conversion done. I put the lowest tension springs in it with the stock weights. I'm running 38 degrees total timing at 2500rpm. I just checked the accel pump cam on the carb they are pink in color. Should i convert the carbs to a 50cc accel pump kit? Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.