Hot Rod Forum banner

Turbo 350

4K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  1980 Malibu 
#1 ·
Hello, i recently purchased a Turbo 350 transmission.....When i go to change the Tranny filter, i notice this wire inside of the transmission, it looks to connect to some sort of sensor.......I walked over to my other Turbo 350 and took the pan off and it does not have those wires......The Bolt patterns appear to be the same.......I was wondering if that ransmission would work, because my car doesent have any wire to plug into the sensor inside of this transmission that i believe to be a Turbo 350.

#2 ·
What does the oil pan look like? are one of the corners clipped off? If it is what i think it is, it will work but you will have a check engine light, that is my understanding, but dont take my word for it. Accualy just to see if its a 3 speed, just turn the shift bracket or hook vice grips on it and make sure it have park,r,n,3,2,1.

#5 · (Edited)
What do u mean by Chipped off?????????Beucase the pan looks like a square, except for the chip......but my other Turbo 350 pan looks the same....

i just went outside........and the tailshaft off the one that i took out is shorter than the one that i bought........and i put it in gear and turned the shaft and the front turned.....does that mean its good, beucase i took it out becuase DRIVE wouldent endadge, i only had reverse, i though i blew out my foward gearing clutchs

#7 ·
Ya, thats what i thought too........somsone told me that the sensor ment EOD (Electronic Over Drive).........But the reason i took out the transmission in the first place was i was power breakin on the road :cool: and then my foward stopped working, i had to change it into Reverse.....and back in my yard........i tried shifting it to 1,2,D.....but nothing worked........i even drained the Fluid and changed the filter, but it still dident work...............But i walk outside and shift it to 1 and spin the shaft in the front, and the shaft in the back spins.....Doesent that mean that i have foward????? If so, then could my Torque Converter be bad, and how do u check if one is bad?

#12 · (Edited)
this site will be more descriptive http://www.nastyz28.com/transid.html

codes on buik-built 350's will be on the accumulator cover later models will be on the governor cover, Chevy built 350's will be on the side of the pan. there is 2 round covers on the tranny one is a governor cover the other is an accumulator cover. the accumulator is on the passenger side and the governor is on the drivers side.

#15 ·
when i opened it up, i only saw ONE wire........it goes from one side of the transmission, to the middle where its rapped around some sort of spoil......then sent to the otherside of the transmission, then it plugs into something that looks like a sensor or maybe a selnoid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.