yep all looks good
I pulled the governor per your request.
- The gear is fine, as is the gear in the tranny that it contacts.
- I checked the valve in the governor which moves freely by turning the governor gear up and squeezing the free weights.
- I checked the vacuum at the modulator, the vacuum there is the same as it is at the manifold. Sorry I don't have a gauge or I would give you numbers.
- The valve behind the governor moves freely.
- I checked the modulator my sucking on the vacuum side. It did not leak and the plunger moved freely inside it. Not sure if it make a diff or not, but it has a red band on it.
- I also loosed the set screw in the vacuum tube of the modulator in hopes of relaxing the pressure a little.
- I even disconnected the break booster and blocked off the vacuum port, thinking maybe it was leaking and putting on the breaks to shift into drive was dropping the pressure.
Same symptoms, I'm affraid the guy that did the rebuild hosed me.
If I have to tear into this thing. Does anyone know what I should be looking for???