Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Turbo 350 Trans Shift/Slip issues
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 02:46 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSedan64
This is very difficult to understand. I'll give it a try.
When an Automatic trans with the stock Valvebody is converted to Manual Shift the Valvebody is modified or replaced with a Manual Valvebody. If it has an electric Transbrake it will have a Solenoid to activate the Brake.
It sounds like the Detent/Downshift cable is adjusted too tight. It should downshift to 2nd gear from 3rd at around 3/4 to Full throttle.
The problem with it getting stuck in 2nd may be the Detent valve in the valvebody sticking/binding or other shift valves in the valvebody sticking/binding.
Called Detent cable, Kickdown cable, Passing gear cable.
Thank you, I will tell that to the guy and see if there's anything he can do about it. I was/am worried it might be something more. With the transbrake being electric would the dead/dying battery have effected the way it shifts to cause the same symptoms or is it mainly just this kick down cable? Either way hes going to have to fix it before I take it but I was just making sure it wasn't something that would cause catastrophic failure.