turbo 350 and turbo 350c - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2009, 02:18 PM
I LOVE THAT FEATURE!!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

turbo 350 and turbo 350c

hey guys
i have a turbo 350 and a turbo 350c transmission. right now i have swapped the TH350 into the truck and am thinking the 350c is the tranny i should work on. ive read with a manual controll of the locking feature the tranny performs quite well....i know there are quite a few shift kits, transpacs, from various companies, TCI, TransGO, and B&M. any advice on what direction to go would be great. this is my everyday driving truck so i dont want to make it uncomfortable to drive but im not necessarily "easy" on the truck ether and would like it to have the performance attitude.... The amount of work is not really an issue as i have the TH350 in and working fine so i can spend as much time as needed working on it. money is a bit of a concern as i am 19 and cash isn't something i really have allot of.... but am will to spend what would be needed to make it fun and last.

its going to be hooked up to a mild 350 with estimated 300- 350 HP

thanks
Riley
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	truck outside2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	42442  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2009, 11:45 PM

Last photo:

Jakeshoe has a good TH350 buildup at the top of the Trans-Rear section>> http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/th35...ch-145361.html
I'd go with the TransGo (350C-1&2) Reprogramming Kit. They're engineered better than the B&M Kits.
http://www.transgo.com/rpg_generalmtr.php
Other TH350 Info>> http://th350.netfirms.com/browser.htm
Shouldn't need many Trans Mods for 300-350HP.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:13 PM
I LOVE THAT FEATURE!!

Last photo:

ok great thanks. now any suggestions on using the 350 or 350c because i do have both what are the benafits of each i know some of the more extencive rebuild kits you can not get for the 350c. is it worth doing a full rebuld or just work on the valve body???
Old 12-12-2009, 06:46 AM

Last photo:

You shouldn't have any problems finding rebuild kits for either Trans. The TH350C's seem to last longer than the regular TH350 trans. Maybe because of the Lockup TC/TorqueConverter allowing the trans to run cooler. The 350C's lockup TC will give you slightly better MPG also as it lowers cruise RPM 150 to 200rpms. While the trans is out you should replace every seal you can get to if it's in good shape. If it's questionable rebuild it. TH350/350C are one of the easiest to build.
Here's a few sites for Trans parts>>>>>>>>>
http://www.makcotransmissionparts.com/350-350C.html
http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/...arts_s/598.htm
http://www.transpartsonline.com/tpfi...sPartsType=350
https://www.wittrans.com/Default.aspx?
This tool will be needed>> http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/...-000jt0151.htm

Todd
Old 12-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

the main differences in rebuild kits for the t-350c trans from a regular t-350 is the valve body gaskets.

Most sealing ring kits had all rings needed.

the variances in the bushings used at the meeting of the input shaft and output shaft is easy to take care of. I use the plastic insert style bushing at this location.

The hard parts failure spot on the t-350c was the internal spring hub for the lock up clutch of the converter. Next problem area was the solenoid.

A t-350c can be run with out the converter clutch engaged , I never seen a over heat problem with a t-350c if the converter clutch was not used.

I have never seen a t-350c last as long as a non lock up t-350 if maintenance was equal. the converter would fail first in the t-350c

Old 12-12-2009, 10:00 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSedan64
The TH350C's seem to last longer than the regular TH350 trans. Maybe because of the Lockup TC/TorqueConverter allowing the trans to run cooler.
I'm thinking the longevity that you may have seen, SS64, may due to the "C" tranny being used behind some of the weakest SBC's and 90 degree V6's out there.

I have an un-rebuilt original w/about 100K miles on it (only had fluid and filter maintenance since new) in my '80 Malibu.

It will leak fluid if the car's not driven- usually after about a month or more of sitting- requiring a couple quarts to top it up before being driven. Oddly, I've never actually seen where the fluid is leaking from.

Lock-up and all other functions still work fine.

I might have put a Trans-Go kit in it years ago when I first did the filter the first time or two, but I'm not positive about that. But it has been a model of reliability, for whatever reason- but only dealing w/a 115 HP engine plus good maintenance- it SHOULD have lasted!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:07 PM
likes chevy trucks & boobies

Last photo:

im runnin my 91 700r4 without the lockup plugged in

and have had many the same way

and never a failure or any issues

mines unplugged now because the lockup started failin and lockin and unlocking over and over down the highway

so..

never any overheating or foamin of fluid or anything

no difference in driving

same way with th350c if clutch was not plugged in

i have a th350c from an 81 c-10 pickup sitting here i need a gas converter for it so i can use it in something, it was behind a diesel oldsmobile 350 so it has 10 bolt universal bellhousing as did most or all of the th350c trannies

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.