turbo small block,355 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 09:36 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

turbo small block,355

well i am going to build a 355 sb and i already have twin turbos sitting next to my bed,.. im just going to kepp the bottom end stock ,better rod bolts and forged pistons that it,. im just going to keep adding boost till something happens,, ,, i read this article in a magizine, this guy had a stock 350 and put twins on them, he managed 700 hp on the stock bottm end, and ran a mid 10.. so wat do u guys think the motor will hold up too. i will keep it updated whats it doing..

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Bottle Fed

Last photo:

If its a cast crank...I bet you run over it before the 500 crank HP mark.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:01 AM
World Class ASE tech

Last photo:

Sounds like you have too much money. Why waste an engine? When it lets go it will probably take out at least 1 turbo if not both. Build the motor to last and run it then.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:16 AM

Last journal entry: Going Slow.. and steady?
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle4542speed
well i am going to build a 355 sb and i already have twin turbos sitting next to my bed,.. im just going to kepp the bottom end stock ,better rod bolts and forged pistons that it,. im just going to keep adding boost till something happens,, ,, i read this article in a magizine, this guy had a stock 350 and put twins on them, he managed 700 hp on the stock bottm end, and ran a mid 10.. so wat do u guys think the motor will hold up too. i will keep it updated whats it doing..

I read that article too, It was in car craft. The guy is running twin turbos from Buick GN's, with a shot of nitrous on top.. I think he's just really lucky. And its been busted. I think it said this is block #2 and one of the cylinders has been sleeved.

Personally, If i were gonna go through the trouble of build a twin turbo small block, I'd try to do it right (or as good as budget would allow). It would be alot cheaper than trashing blocks everytime you nail it.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Chasing dreams with a ball bat

Last photo:

I think the article also said that the guy had moved on to an aftermarket block. It was in the section where it listed all the parts, you know the back page of the article I think. I think it was a Dart block or something.

You can get 4340 cranks (import) from Competion Products for really reasonable prices. And they have specials going all the time. They had Callies (non-import) on sale for a while. I think like $550 for a Dragonslayer. That would work well.

I guess if you do it for fun or bragging rights, what the heck. Your $. Me, I build (try anyway) my stuff to be reliable. I hate breaking down. And I don't have a trailer.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:04 AM

turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle4542speed
7lbs of boost should double hp triple torque but i would use heavy duty bearings on rods and mains, anything after 10 lbs I would use a nitrated crank for better heat dispensation look at everything you can find on the little ole corvair 164cu. 180 hp Ace

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.