Hot Rod Forum banner

turbo or supercharging Pontiac engines

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  deuce_454 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any expierence turbocharing or supercharging Pontiac engines,spicificly the 350 or the 455?:confused:

#2 ·
I have a friend who put a 455 in a 66 GTO. He fliped the stock hedders over found a pair of matching tractor turbo's that would work with this displacement and intake flow, put them on top of the headers then ran the boost piping back to the carb. It was ugly but WOW!! what a torque monster. Honestly he could get rubber at 60. He had to prove it several times with multiple people in the car before anyone would believe it. When he would step on it, it would kick down to second and a big ole scratch would follow...

Go for it man:
:mwink:

#12 ·
Holy Moley!

An avid Pontiac fan, and poor, broke college kid, my dream picture showed up provided by 455Turbo! I'm a little more conservative, knowing that my cast 16 heads and "068" bumpstick in my 350 Pontiac, '74 Firebird are gonna have to make me happy for now. But the future is always there...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.