Hot Rod Forum banner

turbo350 ?

801 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DoubleVision 
#1 ·
i'm having trouble trying to figure out my turbo 350. it is in a 72 chevy nova. i don't know very much about automatics. so you'll have to forgive me.when the drain pan is removed. there is a plate on the under side that clicks when shifted. it is held on to the fork by one bolt. when i tighten the bolt all the way down in order to hold the plate, when i shift the bolt backs it self back off and i'm back at square one. what do i do. please help.

#2 ·
kind of sounds as if it isn`t backing out, it sounds more like the threads are stripped, remove the bolt and give it a good look over, see what shape the threads are in, if need be replace the bolt and use some thread locker on the threads, if this doesn`t solve the problem, then the threads in the case are likely stripped or worn, this would be more likely since there aluminum, if this is the case, then you`ll have to remove the valve body and do a heli coil or the like to repair the threads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.