Turbochargers - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2002, 03:29 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

454Deuce does have a point, if you want to use an intercooler, do go with a fuel injected blowthrough system. Other wise, go with a drawthrough system with a carb.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2002, 08:28 AM

Hey guys, I'm new here but I thought I would add my .02 cents worth to this older subject.

I have successfully built a twin turbo 5.0 mustang using T-Bird turbos from junk yards and a blowthrough type setup on a Holley 600 double pumper carb. I also have a ford powerstroke intercooler. It all works great. I have since sold parts of that and made it a single turbo setup now to try something different. So far I have a best of a 10.70 1/4 mile pass in it!

take a look at my web page I built for the car here
<a href="http://turbostang.tripod.com" target="_blank">Todd's Turbo Mustang Site</a>
If you can get on it - seems that I get a ton of people looking at it and it is shut down sometimes bacause of excessive traffic.
Old 08-30-2002, 11:57 AM

Thanx man.... Im doing this on my country squire as a proof of concept test, ultimatly turbos are gonna replace nitrous on my 84 stang with a 460... the wagon just made a turbo pass of 13.2 by the gtech.... we dont have a 1/4 track in maine...
Old 10-07-2002, 07:20 AM

SWEET!!!

I have since gone a 10.69 at 128 MPH in the 1/4 mile with mine. Man this is fun!!!!
Old 10-07-2002, 08:05 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

[quote]Originally posted by Turbostang_Todd:
<strong>SWEET!!!

I have since gone a 10.69 at 128 MPH in the 1/4 mile with mine. Man this is fun!!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey Todd,

Didnt think Id run into another jyt member hear. I am a couple months out on completion still.

Chris
Old 10-07-2002, 09:37 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

im sure you all know what a brain trust i am on turbos. i had no idea that turbos were interchangable, i.e. made by a turbo mfg. rather than ford, g.m., etc, much like rear ends. i should have known had i thought about it but...never did - figured making the flanges, (adapters) would be too hard, and home made exhuast or what?. wild, gonna have to check into this as far as my 326 pontiac is concerned. 454duece check your email
Old 10-07-2002, 12:27 PM

Last photo:

bullheimer. ive checked and replied on your hotmail..

this topic touches the pure soul of hotrodding, rock on!
Old 10-07-2002, 03:25 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

[quote]Originally posted by bullheimer:
<strong>im sure you all know what a brain trust i am on turbos. i had no idea that turbos were interchangable, i.e. made by a turbo mfg. rather than ford, g.m., etc, much like rear ends. i should have known had i thought about it but...never did - figured making the flanges, (adapters) would be too hard, and home made exhuast or what?. wild, gonna have to check into this as far as my 326 pontiac is concerned. 454duece check your email</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yup, only a handful of manufacturers out there.

Chris
Old 10-07-2002, 04:14 PM

For the love of god - NO DRAW THRU!!! Keep the carb in the stock location- it will be much easier to do, start, and run better. Think of all the homade exhaust manifolds, exhaust, intake pipe before turbo, and intake plumbing into manifold(yeah its long ways to the combustion chamber after the carb-plenty of time for the fuel to "fall" back out of the mix). Stick with a carb its not that hard to perpare for boost and you can boost reference the mechanical pump and add an electric pump to come on to help feed manual with high boost via a pressure switch. Or just use a straight high pressure pump with a boost referenced regulator. As far as turbos to use, the garret ones off a powerstroke look like pretty nice units and are fairly common.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:07 PM

since the fast and the furious movie came out here there are a lot of blown eclipse cars with turbos, check your local little euro shops, you might have luck finding one there cheap for they have to pay there dad back for blowing up there dads car. Just a thought 6-71sbc

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.