Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - turn key, no crank
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 03:01 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

turn key, no crank

66 Dodge Cornet 318 ..Came home from a car show, parked in the driveway,, went out to put car away turned key, starter di not engage, had good juice to lights and radio, tried a few more times. moved shiifter (automaic on cloumn) into nuetral, nothing I must have tried ten times..Came back in ten minuted car started , and started 20 more time over next five days, it did it again, then when I put the test on the small nut on starter , car cranked, and again three days ago,.,,,seemes like when it does it, and i go to test it , im gronding the small nut to the chassis ,,All conections are tight & battery test full.. Oh, and I did replace the starter three months ago, when we installed mopar electronic ignition kit, wit the new ballast, and small box that goes on the fire wall.. I drove the car 600 miles no issues .so this is Russian Roulette if i go out,,,I have the car on jackstands so when it does it, i can go right under the car.....any ideas????PLEASE