Hot Rod Forum banner

TV adjustment with lokar cable on 700R4

31K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SSedan64 
#1 ·
Hi Folks.....new to your forum.

I have a street machine ...fuel injected chevy 350 with 700r4 3000 stall converter, B&M overdrive spool so the trany doesnt kick down at 3/4 throttle and the gil younger shift kit with corvette servos.

I am using the lokar TV cable and I cant seem to get it to shift properly.

Can anyone offer some advice?

thank you

Jeff

#2 ·
What is your geometry? It is very important that you have the correct bracket geometry where the cable attaches to your injection. Other than that the Lokar cable adjusts just like any other. Open your throttle all the way pull the cable out all the way and adjust the cable until it matches the WOT position. Then close the throttle and see if the unextended cable position matches the closed throttle position. Some pre-load on the cable is desired at idle position.

Have you visited the 700R4.com web site for instruction?

Vince

#3 ·
lokar cable

Thank you for the reply.

The way I have it set now is I pulled on the TV cable until it wouldn't move any more at full throttle. I dont know if that positions the valve in the proper position in the closed throttle position.

Is there a preferred method of verifying the geometry?
how much pre load should be on the cable at closed throttle and how does one measure that?

thank you

Jeff

#4 ·
The idle position is usually set with a pressure gage attached to the trans. You pull it out just a little until you see the pressure rise and that is the idle position. Without the pressure gage just pull it out about 3/16" of an inch.

The geometry at the throttle has to be correct, that is to say that the ratio of the cable travel has to be correct for the given throttle movement. A lot of adjustment to shift points and overall feel can be made with an adjustable throttle crank.

What injection system do you have?

Be advised that an improperly adjusted TV cable can ruin the trans in a very short time :pain: .

Vince

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.