TV cable adjustment? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2010, 12:34 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

TV cable adjustment?

Has anyone ever had the pan off to see where the lever is at idle and WOT after "properly adjusting" the tv cable? Should it be touching the plunger at idle, then have the plunger all the way in at WOT?
I did the procedure for my 93 Vette, different procedure than you do as it is an ASR equipped car, and I used the FSM.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve40th
Has anyone ever had the pan off to see where the lever is at idle and WOT after "properly adjusting" the tv cable? Should it be touching the plunger at idle, then have the plunger all the way in at WOT?
I did the procedure for my 93 Vette, different procedure than you do as it is an ASR equipped car, and I used the FSM.

Do you not like the answers you receive on yellowbullet.com on this same line of questions?
Old 03-13-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosley
Do you not like the answers you receive on yellowbullet.com on this same line of questions?
I post throughout the internet to get answers, much like everyone else on different forums. Some people surf different forums, and if I dont get one person on one forum, maybe I will get them on another.
Is there a problem with asking on more than one forum? Is it unreasonable to see if there are answers elsewhere. Sorry if I offended someones knowledge while I asked elsewhere.
Also, when I need an answer rather quickly, I tend to ask in several spots, to better my chance of getting an answer sooner than later.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve40th
I post throughout the internet to get answers, much like everyone else on different forums. Some people surf different forums, and if I dont get one person on one forum, maybe I will get them on another.
Is there a problem with asking on more than one forum? Is it unreasonable to see if there are answers elsewhere. Sorry if I offended someones knowledge while I asked elsewhere.
Also, when I need an answer rather quickly, I tend to ask in several spots, to better my chance of getting an answer sooner than later.

I see no problem asking questions on many forums. You were offered quality advice on the other forum I mention , yet keep asking. How do you sort out the correct info?

To answer your questions... the TV linkage internal lever is generally right at the plunger at minimum setting.

If the fail safe check ball is in place, the minimum setting is important as the setting at WOT . There is a pin that will dislodge the fail safe check ball. If the TV bore is worn too much , it can flood the fail safe system and place the trans into fail safe even IF the TV cable setting is correct

The plunger is fully pushed in when the throttle is at WOT . That is the way GM designed the setup , to my knowledge.

There is way more to the TV than simply the linkage location. Is the TV bore worn too far? The fancy replacement TV valve in TransGo kits work very well , yet if the bore is too worn it must be reamed over size and an over sized valve installed
Old 03-13-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosley
I see no problem asking questions on many forums. You were offered quality advice on the other forum I mention , yet keep asking. How do you sort out the correct info?

To answer your questions... the TV linkage internal lever is generally right at the plunger at minimum setting.

If the fail safe check ball is in place, the minimum setting is important as the setting at WOT . There is a pin that will dislodge the fail safe check ball. If the TV bore is worn too much , it can flood the fail safe system and place the trans into fail safe even IF the TV cable setting is correct

The plunger is fully pushed in when the throttle is at WOT . That is the way GM designed the setup , to my knowledge.

There is way more to the TV than simply the linkage location. Is the TV bore worn too far? The fancy replacement TV valve in TransGo kits work very well , yet if the bore is too worn it must be reamed over size and an over sized valve installed
Well thanks for the advice on both forums. Whats your name? Are you the one who suggested changing the tv linkage to an F body style?

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.