Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - tv cable bracket
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Takes Guts To Cut One Up

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8z28
ok been doing some serches and still need a definate answer.

i have a 87 z28 that i dropped in a zz4 350 with the 700r4 and i believe i cooked the 3-4 band 1st and 2nd are great it still shifts into 3rd slowly but if i give it gas it will just slip like it's in nuetral

anyway i picked up another trans and my question is do i need that tv corrector bracket i hear so much about? some say yes some say no. i see the holley brackets and was wondering if that would fit on my 650 street demon carb. i also have a csr throttle bracket on there

thanks
You can get it to shift in the ball park with out the corrector but to get the optimum geometry on most carbs you need it the Demons are one of those. The difference I found on mine was in the kick down and a little in the shift points. Before I installed one I had adjusted and checked everything according to the directions on this site and others but the shifts were early and the kickdown erratic after installing the Bowtie overdrives kit it was awesome. But as I said if you make sure you have acceptable initial pressures at idol and that it increases on any throttle movement you should have a drivable car just not the best you can get