Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - twin i beam in hot rod
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 11:03 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

1983-1988 Ranger beams are forged and look like normal I beams, yet are still offset lengths . only draw back to them is the brakes/ spindles are inferior to the 1989-1997 brakes and are not interchangable.. common 'upgrade' for Rangers is the cast '89-'97 beams or the DJM dream beams, which take use the '89-'97 spindles.. for this reason. '83-'88 beams are practically throw aways to the ranger guys.. every reason they don't like them is every reasion a hotrodder might want them.. the smaller brakes are better suited to a lighter vehicle. they look more traditional, and they can safely be bent for camber if more than 4* was needed. also we can engineer the drop into a frame kickup/ Z where as that is more complex with all the factory crossmembers to work around..

another thing to keep an eye out for is F-150 guys swapping front ends. Panther IFS is a bolt on for those trucks, and I know it is a welcomed swap in the lowering crowd