Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - twin i beam in hot rod
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 03:52 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I am sorry I can't imagine ANYTHING on that truck that I would want to stuff into that cool little Chevy. It is big and clumbsy and great for a big old truck. But to run it in that Chevy, I just don't see it.

One of the best rules to follow in car building is don't use something just because you have it!

Think about this, would you go LOOKING for one of these front ends for that car? If you didn't have it, would that be your CHOICE and start scouring craigslist and ebay and the local wreckers for one?

Don't use it just because you have it, that is almost always a bad choice.

Brian
My plan is to do this car with simiar thinking to what was quite common back in the 50's and early 60's. Then it was common to upgrade the engine with a GMC 270 or 302 six. Those engines are not practicle today so with that in mind I was looking for a Ford 300 six that would have fuel injection and some performance potential. It will still sound like they did back in the day. I bought the truck for this purpose so I could test drive the engine and get all the necessary wiring and electronics to run the engine. I'm not fixated on the twin I beam, but I'm not rulling it out either. Appearance of the suspension doesn't matter so it comes down to what will work best and be practicle. As I have this suspension and it has good size brakes I want to know technically why it might be a bad choice, and what would be a better choice. The stock suspension is actually in very good condition, but the brakes and ball bearing wheel bearings are not acceptable.

Here's another car I found with twin I beam.

Cheers.

Last edited by GFaRT; 03-13-2013 at 03:58 PM.