Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - twin i beam in hot rod
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 07:06 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
That truck is home made, you can do anything you want when you are building something from scratch, when you have to make it work where you have limitations that is a whole different story.

I haven't measured it, but I would say that the track on that twin I beam is at the very least four inches wider than the one in your Chevy.

What are your expectations with your Chevy? Taking on road trips, driving it on weekends around the town, daily driver? What are your expectations?

Brian
The track width of the truck is roughly 7" wider than the Chev, so will have to be narrowed up. I do not expect to use the crossmember or frame rail stubs from the truck at all. It is easy for me to fab up a custom crossmember etc. as needed. In the Chev the engine is mounted about 6" further back relative to the front axle so with the profile of the oil pan there will be more clearance to allow lowering.

Winter is not kind to cars here, but the car will be used as a sunny day daily driver in the summer and for summer road trips such as to Bonneville.

John