twin turbo ? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 04:07 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

twin turbo ?

How hard will it be to put twin turbos on a 350 small block chevy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Really depends on your ability to fabricate, the depth of your wallet, and how much time you have to spend.

You have a very generic question. Id do so searches on the boards and knowledge base to learn more and then come back with some specific questions.

Good luck.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:42 PM
72NOVA454

Last photo:

check out this website. the guys name is Bruce. he lives in Minnesota and installed twin turbos on his 72 Nova 350 Chevy. There's lots of pictures to look at and a diary of his work. You can email him also.

good luck.

Lee

http://www.2quicknovas.com/turbos.html
Old 06-07-2006, 07:41 AM

Last photo:

Putting turbos on is the easy part. I think tuning it to stay together is the hard part. I have a car that was blowing through a carb and a truck blowing through efi. The car is currently getting a new motor and efi. IMO Efi, once you get it working, is way more trouble free and is less worrysome. There are plenty of guys out there who love blowing through carbs and know how to do it. There are several sites with good info on blowing through a carb. If you're a good shopper you can put together a DIY type efi system for around the price of a good carb. I have just over $500 in the EFI system on my Ranger. I have a megasquirt, 42lb injectors (ebay), Moroso regulator (ebay), sensors and second fuel pump (advance auto). The biggest problem I have is the ease of adding more boost. Eventually something has to give.

Have fun,
Kevin
Old 06-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Like KA said, fabrication is the easy part. Tuning it and getting everything to hold together is the hard part. I went the EFI route on my S-10, but I have had a lot of headache and it has been pretty costly. Right now it has been down for half a year with blown head gaskets. It is unrelated to the boost, but I just got so tired of working on it I kindof burned out. Right now I have a blow through turbo setup on a gasoline pulling tractor I am tinkering with. So, I am not tired of the turbo stuff, just my first project burned me a little.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:14 AM

Last photo:

I too have blown head gaskets on both of my projects. Fortunately head gaskets are easy to replace. I keep breaking suspension pieces and having trans problems on the Ranger, but I only have $2500 in the entire project. Speed costs money. How long do you want it to stay together. Turbo S-10, buy some gaskets, put her back together, and go scare yourself a little. I was thinking about selling the Ranger last night. I took her out for a spin, stuffed 12psi in her and changed my mind. The beauty of having multiple projects is when you get aggrevated with one you can go work on another. Let's see some pics of the tractor.

Kevin
Old 06-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA67_72
I too have blown head gaskets on both of my projects. Fortunately head gaskets are easy to replace. I keep breaking suspension pieces and having trans problems on the Ranger, but I only have $2500 in the entire project. Speed costs money. How long do you want it to stay together. Turbo S-10, buy some gaskets, put her back together, and go scare yourself a little. I was thinking about selling the Ranger last night. I took her out for a spin, stuffed 12psi in her and changed my mind. The beauty of having multiple projects is when you get aggrevated with one you can go work on another. Let's see some pics of the tractor.

Kevin
I will post up some pics in a week or two when I get it all together. Got it torn down making final fitting and assembly for a pull next weekend.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:15 PM

Last photo:

check this place out gives you the hole kit to do it. www.bbsdesigns.net

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.