Twin Turbo Chev Build - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2009, 10:10 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Twin Turbo Chev Build

I have a 72 chevelle that i am building a 454 with twin turbos. after reading other posts there is some information that all you people want before you can provide me with the information i need. i have a family friend building a 67 nova thats all fiberglass with tube chasis and he is putting in a 650ci with 300 shot of nitrous on it it is putting down just shy of 1000hp so figuring power to weight ratio should come out to a 8.3 to 8.5 unless our math is off lol so needless to say my chevelle has to be faster but also has to be daily driven on pump gas i ran into a guy at a car show today that had a tt 350 in his car he said i have to go with one carb and to stay away from edelbrock becasue they leave pwoer behind also said that he is making 860 at the wheels on pump gas at 8psi is this accurate you think i never saw a dyno slip

so here is the deal daily driven twin turbo engine that is capable of being electronicly upped to 1200 to 1500 hp on pump gas let me know about what boost you think i will be pushing and if there is anything special i need to do to my engine aside from the foreged low compression internals (rotating assembly) i also need to know about head and cam set up because i want to run 6000 rpm aprox if possible if there is anything else you guys need let me know

Advertisement

Last edited by chevelle72tt; 08-31-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Thanked 1,013 Times in 849 Posts
How much money do you have to spend on this project? BE REAL, HOW MUCH MONEY?
Old 08-30-2009, 10:54 PM

Realisticly I'm taking my time builing this engine correctly so it's really not an issue
Old 08-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Yeah, that's what I thought.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:00 PM

What do you mean
Old 08-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle72tt
and if there is anything special i need to do to my engine aside from the foreged low compression internals
This question alone tells me that you don't know whether it's Tuesday or 9:00 O'Clock. This whole idea of yours is pie-in-the-sky son, pie-in-the-sky.

Even if you had a budget of $200 a month to spend on it, you could be expected to be able to drive it in the early spring of 2021. That's assuming that you were able to do the research and study it would take to engineer the whole mess.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:05 AM

Any idea what it'd take to keep it in good tune?

Do you own a micrometer?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:32 AM
http://www.warsprints.com

Last journal entry: W.A.R. (Wingless Auto Racing) Sprint Car Racing
Last photo:

Quote:

so here is the deal daily driven 1200 to 1500 hp on pump gas big block twin turbo let me know about what boost you think i will be pushing and if there is anything special i need to do to my engine aside from the foreged low compression internals (rotating assembly) i also need to know about head and cam set up because i want to run 6000 rpm aprox if possible if there is anything else you guys need let me know
How can you estimate 1200-1500 hp without knowing all these things? You never did mention turbo sizes so there's another unknown factor.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:30 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

I wish high power builds were as easy and cheap as people believe them to be. As tech said, Horsepower costs money, how fast do you want to go?
A 1000 horsepower is not very streetable, and since you want such high power numbers do you realize what has to back these numbers?
There is no way to build this engine cheaply, everything,, including the block will have to be a after market bullet proof piece to survive that kind of power. The drive train will have to be one in the same. This isn`t the kind of build you sneak up the power ladder, this is a all out or nothing build. Why I say that is because if you try and sneak up the ladder you`ll be against the weakest link of the engine everytime you fire it up and when that part breaks, you replace it with a beefier one and than something else folds up so in the end it costs more money than had you went all out in the first place.
I`m not trying to say you can`t do this, and I`m not trying to put you down or discourage the idea. All I`m saying is be realistic. In the end your talking a ton of money.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:45 AM
305 Turbo-Fire 240hp

Last photo:

I think you guys scared him off or he's off robbing a bank so he could come up with the cash to build such a project. Who would want a 1200-1500hp street car im shooting for 350hp lol.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:32 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Muscle
Who would want a 1200-1500hp street car?.
People who have no clue.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:43 PM
72 grabber 51F-1 65 chevystang

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FmrStrtracer
People who have no clue.
The chevystang might put out 400hp on its best day and it''' definately scare the s%^* out of you. Is there actually a 1500hp pump gas street car
Old 08-31-2009, 03:53 PM

wow

okay first of all anyone who is not smart enough to realsize that electronic boost controllers allow you to turn the boost levels down to lets just say 7 or 8 psi so there for it is totally street able like i said earlier i know a guy with a 860 hp small block twin turbo and that is only at 8psi on unleaded regular so premium should be able to make 1200 and i can turn it down on the street and up for the track heres to technolegy you guys are all crackin jokes like what i want to do is impossible money is no object for me i just need help on coming up with the right combination of parts i already know im not going to make that much power on stockk internals im not stupid hense why i need to know what parts i need to buy and need to know what parts to have built so all you haters out there dont bother replying because you just make yourselves look stupid
Old 08-31-2009, 04:29 PM
305 Turbo-Fire 240hp

Last photo:

Quote:
okay first of all anyone who is not smart enough to realsize that electronic boost controllers allow you to turn the boost levels down to lets just say 7 or 8 psi so there for it is totally street able like i said earlier i know a guy with a 860 hp small block twin turbo and that is only at 8psi on unleaded regular so premium should be able to make 1200 and i can turn it down on the street and up for the track heres to technolegy you guys are all crackin jokes like what i want to do is impossible money is no object for me i just need help on coming up with the right combination of parts i already know im not going to make that much power on stockk internals im not stupid hense why i need to know what parts i need to buy and need to know what parts to have built so all you haters out there dont bother replying because you just make yourselves look stupid

I need to borrow about 1500 bucks since money is no object my truck needs a new coat
Old 08-31-2009, 04:33 PM

hahahah wow people these days are retards

cash or check hahahahahahahaha actually you know if you knew anything about me i can paint your truck for less that that as far as labor goes hahaha oh yeah thats because i run my own shop that i started hahaha **** off dumb ***

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.