Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - twin turbo sbc 383 help
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 03:33 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolar_camaro
Beyond your experience, and yet still telling me I cant do this, basically Im an idiot.
YOUR words, NOT mine, bucko.

Quote:
I admit I do not know much about small blocks, big blocks, what have you. I know Im going in the wrong direction with this build.
Then why are we still having the conversation? If you admit you are going in the wrong direction, correct your course!!!

Quote:
As for now, I need help/advice on how to piece together a decent motor...
If you want to build an engine- ANY engine- start w/a realistic goal and a budget. The pieces and parts will quickly fall into place.

If, instead you start out w/an unrealistic goal and no mention of any budget- just plans for 1000(!!!) HP SBC's built w/OEM parts, well, you're likely as not to be ignored or jeered.

There are all kinds of guys who come on here. Often they're recognised (or mistaken for) as being insincere in their knowledge or their experience or their goals and plans. So far, all you've been "guilty" of, is maybe not thinking through the project before you came here. And, maybe getting caught up in another guy's egging you on.

Anyway, best of luck w/whatever you do. I believe I've done all I can here, be it for good or bad.

At least you can't say no one responded to your post!

Last edited by cobalt327; 07-13-2010 at 03:45 PM.