Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - twin turbo sbc 383 help
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Listen and Learn

Last wiki edit: DIY junkyard electrical fan controller
Last journal entry: SBC 305 Twin Turbo
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolar_camaro
The budget thing really wasnt an issue. I had about 19k left over from my military money, although i didnt want to spend it all on 1 piece. I still have plans for my wifes prelude sh (no turbos, just an N/A build she doesnt need anymore speeding tickets).

Ok so here we go. Ive got the 355 block already; should i stay at 355 or go for 383? In my opinion Im guessing the 355 would be an easier build. Question is, parts... Like im guessing the vortec heads would be nice for it and not to costly. Cam choice, I have a brand new 280 rv cam now, or should i go a little different? Crank, most likely el cheapo forged crank, forged rods and pistons. I know you build the motor for certain rpms, to be honest i dont want to spin the motor faster than 7000 because i dont care for the sound. So anything else i should be considering?
If i were you i would just run the biggest turbo cam that comp has for a hyd flat tappet sbc. Then shoot for 8:1 scr and get forged crank rods and pistons. prolly need a dished piston in the 20cc+ range.