Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - twin turbo sbc 383 help
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 04:04 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolar_camaro
The budget thing really wasnt an issue. I had about 19k left over from my military money, although i didnt want to spend it all on 1 piece. I still have plans for my wifes prelude sh (no turbos, just an N/A build she doesnt need anymore speeding tickets).

Ok so here we go. Ive got the 355 block already; should i stay at 355 or go for 383? In my opinion Im guessing the 355 would be an easier build. Question is, parts... Like im guessing the vortec heads would be nice for it and not to costly. Cam choice, I have a brand new 280 rv cam now, or should i go a little different? Crank, most likely el cheapo forged crank, forged rods and pistons. I know you build the motor for certain rpms, to be honest i dont want to spin the motor faster than 7000 because i dont care for the sound. So anything else i should be considering?
Go with 383, always makes more power. Keep compression below 8:1.

Vortec heads are out. Get some Iron Eagles, 200irv, big chamber.

280rv cam is out, get a custom ground turbo cam from isky.

No need to turn over 6500.

Figure about 125hp per 5psi of boost up to 15psi, plus the hp of the engine without boost. You will need intercooler and maybe alcohol injection.