Hot Rod Forum banner

Twin Turbo SBC build, need help

37K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  mookandairin 
#1 ·
Ok, I did a search, and found some help, but I'm still in need of some answers.

Looking to build a motor top put down ~850-1000rwhp in a 78' Vette.

Anyone know of a manufacturer of turbo manifolds or headers for Vettes?

What kind of turbos would I be looking at for the numbers I am looking for?

It's going to be a 350ci motor, need some help on the rotating assembly, going forged everything, probably ~9:1, sound good?

As far as heads go would like to use a set of GM Fast Burns with some serious work done to them, will these work well?

I'm nearly lost on blow-through set up carbs and what not, some schooling in that department would be great.

I'm familiar with all turbo components, wastegates, bov's intercoolers, all plumbing, and can work all of that out, just need some help on what works well on small blocks.

Does anyone sell a kit for this type of thing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THanks
Dan

See less See more
#29 ·
This thread is OLD as DIRT so I will answer for the sake of someone looking for more answers on the net. If you are going to be using a gen 1 ( 010 ) block you should "O" ring the thing but some MLS gaskets will work for the heads. get the block "decked" to zero after you get your rotating assy.heads are that big of a deal. get some world sportsman 2's, A blow thru is the most expensive part as I spend 1400 on my CSU blow thru carb. I built the same thing you are trying to build and made 850 Hp on a gen 1 block. I would if I were you is to get a ebay kit for entery level. for 14oo you get everything you need minus a carb and piping for the intercooler which you get one of them too. read the book Maximum Boost by Corkey Bell to get an idea on turbos then got to turbomustangs.com for the fill in info. my motor I built goes as follows.30 over 010 sbc, world sportsman 2 heass 64cc. forged internals SRP boost pistons 8.5:! compression, 850 csu blow thru carb.torker 2 intake running pump gas 93 octaine. GET A MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER to adjust it as needed. the ebay kit comes with one of them too good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.