Hot Rod Forum banner

Twisted Minis

7K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Twisted Minis 
#1 ·
Anyone heard from TM lately. I am curious about his new shop and how it is all coming together. He is one super talented kid and sure hope he keeps us updated.

#3 · (Edited)
I have been pretty busy. I haven't logged onto the forum part in a good bit now. There's a lot going on with the shop. A few complications here and there, but its going well in general. I am starting to make money, and I have been spending most of it on more tools, more steel, etc. I'm having fun.

I've been building custom control arms for people.

I finished that Datsun truck.

I have even been working on Muscle cars. I built a Panhard to fit under a 68 California Special.

Been building a minibike for the guy at the parts store I use.

And I just put a Jaguar axle in a Police Interceptor.

#6 ·
Crosley said:
mini - chopper bike is interesting... the brake is the disc on the jack shaft setup?
Yes it is. I've done it before and it worked so well since its basically a brake on a leverage advantage, that I decided to use it again.

HalfOunce said:
Forgive me for my ignorance but why on earth would someone want to put a panhard bar on a leaf spring car?

Basically, he races, or drifts the car. He said that it looses control at a certain point at the rear end chatters and hops from the leafs moving too far. He wanted that eliminated. Apparently the panhard bar has done that, he said its much stiffer and can corner at higher speeds now.

#7 ·
This isn't fair, it really isn't. When God was dishing out talent for this stuff he passed a hell of a lot of doors and gave all our talent to you! HOLY CRAP that is some beautiful work.

Brian

#8 ·
Lol, thanks Martin.

I lack talent in a lot of other automotive areas though. I am only really good at fabrication. I am an okay wrench, and a terrible body man. And engines are a bit over my head.

I got the police car moved outside today to make room for the next quick project. I will be building a mild suspension setup for a friends truck this week. I will take some pictures of it soon.

#10 ·
Twisted Minis said:
Lol, thanks Martin.

I lack talent in a lot of other automotive areas though. I am only really good at fabrication. I am an okay wrench, and a terrible body man. And engines are a bit over my head.

I got the police car moved outside today to make room for the next quick project. I will be building a mild suspension setup for a friends truck this week. I will take some pictures of it soon.
And don't forget the BUSINESS aspect of that BUSINESS you are running! Don't let all that talent go to waste because the business fails and you are back to doing some factory manufacturing! That would be a damn shame. So make sure you keep up the BUSINESS and don't ever neglect that side of the BUSINESS because you can fail QUICK if you do. We need you to stay right there (or grow) producing that awesome stuff!

Brian

#12 ·
I'm learning a lot as I go about handling customers, payments etc. I've gotten to the point now that I am actually making money, and I am staying on top of my books every night. Believe it or not, I actually have a waiting list right now going out to February of next year.

Anyways, here is a picture of the cop car outside.

And here is the project that got dropped off last night. I got it torn down today, and started the notches.

#14 ·
Seth, does that interceptor have the bolt on aluminum front crossmember in it? I know that a lot of guys are using those on the twin I-beam Ford trucks to get them lower and to get a better ride. Plus they just bolt right in!. If so, do you have any pics of how the bags are set up on the front? Thanks!

#15 ·
I'm learning a lot as I go about handling customers, payments etc. I've gotten to the point now that I am actually making money, and I am staying on top of my books every night

I owned my first business in 1981 ..... it is very wise to stay on top of the books and 'any taxes' you may owe. IRS comes after businesses very heavy handed has been my experience.

I fought IRS for 4+ years in and out of court in the late 1980's... I paid on back taxes for years! The interest will kill you!

:cool:

#16 ·
jvsutton said:
Seth, does that interceptor have the bolt on aluminum front crossmember in it? I know that a lot of guys are using those on the twin I-beam Ford trucks to get them lower and to get a better ride. Plus they just bolt right in!. If so, do you have any pics of how the bags are set up on the front? Thanks!
Thats the 03 and up model from what I understand. This is a steel crossmember, similar in design to what comes in a Camaro or S10. No one makes drp spindles though, so I made some dropped control arms.

#20 ·
Haven't seen you on here for a while........where'd you go? Probably nose to the grind stone.
I check everyday on "New Posts" to see if you posted any new things. I gotta hand it to ya you are quite an ambitious fabricator. I wish I had you over here working for me. Are you into any race car fabricating also?
Nice to see a young guy with so much talent take pride in his work and share with others. Unlike a lot of others that know everything but nothing to show for.
Keep up the good work. I'll keep watching.

#21 ·
I wish I could do more race stuff honestly. I really like that style of work more than anything, but I do what comes to me. I especially like desert racing. That kind of fabrication really inspires me. I think when I do a full frame for my truck it will really show then.

Here's the wishbone I did for this truck.

#22 ·
Beautiful...

That is very impressive, Seth. You continue to your high standard and quality and the word will soon spread. And that is the best form of advertising you could wish for. I am so pleased things are working out for you. All the best buddy.

#23 ·
Oh my God, you aren't even "working" are you? You are having fun! It shows in the work you do, it is like watching someone play music who is REALLY enjoying it, it makes the music so much better.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.