Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Two Craftsman Ratchets 2-3 years apart
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:24 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I don't mind Craftsman but if any of their ratchets are gonna crap out it's usually the 1/4" being torqued too much. I just check them for how loose they are at the store. The loose ones will eventually start skipping gears on you. I try to get all my extensions, ratchets, sockets, and screwdrivers Craftsman. They work great for me but I prefer their pro line screwdrivers. My air tools and specialty sockets are always the cream of the crop but craftsman has never let me down. The only argument I have with their ratchets is usually the 1/4" one where I'm in a really tight space and can't turn the ratchet but a few degrees and it takes too many degrees of turn before it engages with the gear. That can be annoying when you know the snap on ones will engage the gear almost instantly with less free play. But as I said, I'm not a mechanic so it's fine by my standards. That's like if you ask a mechanic whether he'll pay extra to get a thinner toe dolly. He won't care, but I'm a body tech so I do.