Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Two "NPT" Hole Thermostat Houseing Who Makes It
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 02:59 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
Ain't it the truth! lol

All those "Chevrolet" scrip valve covers, the intakes w/the oil fill tube in the front, "Corvette" cast v-covers, all those "Honest Charlie" and JC Whitney air cleaners and shifter knobs and stuff that was tossed first thing are now back in style! But it's okay w/me- what the hell, let this generation feel what it was like. I have no problems w/that!

FWIW, the one I showed was OE on a '80 Malibu wagon w/the 229 cid V6. The threaded hole was occupied by a 4-port temperature actuated vacuum switch. It delayed the TCC from actuating until the coolant was up to operating temperature, it also had other duties w/the EGR and carb choke unloader, IIRC.
Quote:
FWIW, the one I showed was OE on a '80 Malibu wagon w/the 229 cid V6. The threaded hole was occupied by a 4-port temperature actuated vacuum switch. It delayed the TCC from actuating until the coolant was up to operating temperature, it also had other duties w/the EGR and carb choke unloader, IIRC.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah...Now all that gack is controlled by a Confuser.... Speaking of which My HUMMER threw a P2444 on the OBII the other day..( A.I.R.) reaction valve stuck open. This valve sits on top of the exhaust manifold and cycles on an off to blow air into the exhaust maifold.

The Air comes from an Electric motor powered air pump that supplies air to this valve assembly. It located at the bottom of the frame.

Remember when it was a belt driven pump on the pully assemblies and used a valve that fed tubes to the exhaust header. After some time the valve would rust out and blow exhaust gas back to the pump. L.O.L.

Now they use a confuser to control the pump and valve. Man have we come a long way. The Ricer Gen will never know what we went thru keep-en this old gack running..L.O.L.