Hot Rod Forum banner

Two Plymouths

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  bhasenauer 
#1 ·
I have waited 9 years for my car. Started with the 1953 9 years ago. Chose a builder who procrastinated. Found a 1954 and started the build one year ago. The 1953 is now a driver. I have a 360 in the 1953 and a 5.7L hemi in the 1954.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
low power truck motor ?? haha since the 5.7 came out in 2003 i is 345CI 345 hp car and truck,,,,,in 2009 the motor was changed to vvt,,, in the car it is 370 hp 395 hp in the truck,,,via a taller intake and bigger fuel rails an injectors,,,

very kool ride im starting to see those plymouth wagons popping up,,but still if you take it to a show you will probably be the only one there,,, very kool

#9 ·
Yeah, I had looked for a couple of years for a smaller scale mopar. I never liked the looks of the coupe, but was taken with the long roof. I love driving my 53. Can't wait until the 54 is rolling. Thanks for your comments. The 5.7 is a very low mile engine that came from a 2004 Dodge pickup.

#10 ·
Did you meet a guy at your builders shop to sell the Flathead and Overdrive transmission several years ago that you sold on E-Bay? If so, I'm the guy who bought them. The OD is now in my 48 Plymouth coupe behind a 59 model 230 Flathead.

I made an adventure out of that purchase. Flew into Amarillo and rented a pickup. Did a little bit of work calling on customers around Amarillo then drove to Denver to pick up the engine/transmission. Mounted it to a wooden dolly with casters that I built in the Home Depot parking lot, strapped it down and headed for Dallas. Made two more stops along the way to visit with more customers and let the company pay for my entire trip. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.