Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Two questions about a BBC
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 03:00 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

rob
you're right on with the fans.i have a large griffin 2 core also and with the added volume it takes more to push the needed amount of water.i bought an aluminum stewart stage 2 water pump to go with it and my problems at stop lites were over.the info i have says that the GM aluminum water pump used on the famed ZZ430 #12495826 is nearly as good not quite but adaquate.also the edelbrock rpm alum. pump is as good.if you go with a stewart they like to tell you what you need and you may buy two pumps before getting what you need.i did.you'd think they'd know but know body knows your motor and system like you do so you may need to be forceful with them.i have the stage one sitting on the shelve collecting dust. last thing is if your temps in the summer get very hot you may want to go stiffer on your oil,10-40,20-50 or better yet synthetic and go back for winter.other that that it sounds like you have it handled.good luck