Two transmission questions - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2008, 07:31 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Two transmission questions

First, two specific companies.

First these guys- http://www.eatmyshift.com/
and this guy- http://www.outlawtransmissions.com/v...es/default.htm

Has anyone dealt with them before or have opinions?

Basically I'm looking for a 700R4 to put behind a mild 350 without costing an arm and a leg. Are there any other companies that you could recommend if those two are a wash?

I have one sitting here that is in need of a rebuild, what would generally be a good price for a decent rebuild with shift kit?

Secondly-

This will be going behind a mild 350 in an 88 S10 blazer. The 350 is from a 90 GMC pickup with TBI, what is the best way to handle lock up? I know with a carb set up there needs to be something to handle it, is this also true with the TBI and works the same way? Most of my research went to a carb setup as that was the original plan but I've decided to go with the TBI.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Depending on where you are at in South Carolina ... there are local rebuilders who can rebuild the 700R4 to meet your needs. I am always leary of internet builders ... not because I am afraid they cannot do the work but shipping adds up and then you have the warranty issues. What good is it if you have to ship the transmission back to get it warrantied ??

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 02-29-2008, 02:46 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

good point, was just curious about these two because I ran across them, figured I'd ask.

Doing some more looking around saw the outlaw guy is the same as maddog, maddog goes bankrupt he opens outlaw.

I'm in the upstate if you want to recommend a decent builder in the Greenville or Anderson area, I already have a 700R4 it just needs to be rebuild.

Any ideas on cost to rebuild an R4 with a shift kit?

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.