Hot Rod Forum banner

Type of paint for Paint Booth

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  deadbodyman 
#1 ·
I'm just in the planning stages of building a permanant paint Booth beside the shop i'm going to be building here on my property.

My question is..what type of paint would you use inside the booth on the walls?..i know oils and silicone in the air is a BIG NO NO..so i would think an oil base paint would be a no go,i was thinking of oil base for the fact of how much tougher it is than latex and easily washable if needed..will oil base paint cause fish eyes and other problems in a paint booth?

Also,when building the downdraft type system i know everything should be air tight,i will most likely use a type of duct work system..so i know silicone sealant will be a no go there too..what type of sealant would be best?Latex?

I'm just havin a "brain scheme" this mornin while thinking out the paint booth..lol

#4 ·
I painted my walls and ceiling with epoxy floor paint. I just hose down the room. I don't have too much trouble with paint getting on the walls. It does however sit on top the baseboard and floors. It seems to fall on vertical surfaces more then anything.

#5 ·
Brite white paint and the booth coating work well..good seals are a good idea but dont rely on the seals they wear out,what you really want is two fans ,an intake and exhaust so you can balance them for positive pressure ,that way the exhaust fan wont be sucking dirt from the outside in through every little crack ,it'll actually be blowing the inside air out of the cracks,like a tire with a slow leak..you'll want to have two sets of intake filters ,the first set with the outside air going through them and a second set that are sticky filtering the already filterd air..it'll look like a big box on top of the booth with filters on all four sides the bottom of that box (the cieling of the booth) will have filters too sticky side towards the inside of the box..
One of the best booths I've painted in was homemade 2x4's and sheetrock,it had white ceramic tiles floor to ceiling and never needed paint just mop it down with lacquer thinner...
GEEZE GRO ,that stang is looking sweet man... :thumbup:
The red floor looks cool too ,is that tar paper???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.