Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - "Typical" Hours in a Rebuild?
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sorry Brian, it is a difficult situation, I feel for the OP, he doesn't know either and at the end of the day, that is the fault of the shop. The shop should keep his customer informed about problems, changes in time lines, anything that effects his customer's vehicle.

We just don't know, what we do know is that the customer (the OP) doesn't understand and is concerned. With the time that the shop has had the vehicle I would question it as well. The difference between you, I, all the other people that are in the trade or have experience and the OP is exactly that, we have experience. We know what it takes to disassemble a vehicle repair all those little critical parts (ie. John and his 53 Chevy convertible) they all take time. Your right in saying that a vehicle needs to be thoroughly inspected before work begins, deposits are given etc. We don't even know if that happened. We've all run into the car that looks great...we get into it and the frame is bent, or the rusted, we take out the interior and what looked good from underneath is pure rot when the carpet is removed.

Again, I'm not taking sides...I/we just don't know...hopefully we can arm the OP with enough questions for the shop where his car is at so that he can be satisfied that everything is moving in the right direction...or take a different action.

Ray