Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - "Typical" Hours in a Rebuild?
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 11:42 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK View Post
We know too little, did you see the engine compartment, needs stripping to me and even if you don't I could see a full day of hand-sanding and band aids before spraying a primer and re-sanding again.
We have not seen the jambs, the car may be small but odds and ends like the above can add a lot of hours.
Also Note all the different primers on the car, any shop that put out nice work, show or not is going to sand all that primer off and note the front of hood area by lights, a full size Cadillac would be faster.
Are they readjusting gaps??
The bonnet has to come off to do underneath right, doors off? deck lid off?
There is a whole lot of work to do here, besides just scuff and paint.
I can see where they are looking pretty fair in hour guess at this point.
if I read his post correctly, they already primed it, and it is ready for blocking and paint. sorry, that would mean the jams and underhood are already in primer from the shop as he brought them a media blasted car.
240+ hours is way way to much. to block out primer and spray a single stage paint, and wet sand that.
It better be a national show winner for what he has in it. 27-34k in body shop rust/rot free car that small. single stage paint, not fancy peril or candy not even b/c c/c