Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - U-Tech Paint
Thread: U-Tech Paint
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 04:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have not used this, but have used imron.

It did not work out as an automotive paint because it is too rubbery. It is made that way because the aluminum skin of an airplane expands and contracts a lot!!! They also will need to go from 100+ degrees on the ground, to "minus something" a few minutes later at high altitude.

Black paintjobs are all about the gloss! They typically need more gloss than other colors or it will look very bad. That is why quality black paint if so pricey. The need to achieve a great finish!

When I tried to buff the Imron, it was like buffing a tire. You could make it a little shiny... but not as shiny as cars usually are... or as shiney as it was before buffing. You would have to be able to shoot it nearly perfect... and hope you never had to fix any damage.

If this new paint is formulated that way, I would be very hesitant to use it. You may end up paying for two paint jobs. Why take the chance?

Think about this... If it was a better product than today's auto paints... somebody would already be selling it on the automotive market.