Hot Rod Forum banner

The ugliest car ever made???

84K views 267 replies 67 participants last post by  deadbodyman 
#1 ·
One of the best things about this site is that we like and respect all make and models,they're all cool and we all have our favorites..But I think we can all agree that some cars are just ugly and nothing can be done to make them Not ugly. The ugliest car I ever drove would have to be a AMC Pacer it was totally embarrassing to drive I felt like a fish driving a fish bowl.I thought it would be interesting to get your opinions on the ugliest cars you guys ever drove? Mabee a vote would be cool....

#253 ·
deadbodyman said:
One of the best things about this site is that we like and respect all make and models,they're all cool and we all have our favorites..But I think we can all agree that some cars are just ugly and nothing can be done to make them Not ugly. The ugliest car I ever drove would have to be a AMC Pacer it was totally embarrassing to drive I felt like a fish driving a fish bowl.I thought it would be interesting to get your opinions on the ugliest cars you guys ever drove? Mabee a vote would be cool....
Ditto amc Pacer bright yellow yucckk owned it cause it was cheap

#255 ·
DoubleVision said:
I forgot to mention in my previous post, some of the ugliest cars on the road today are any with 22 or taller wheels on a impala, monte carlo, crown vic, etc. They got so much lift on them they could easily clear stumps on a back trail without worry and they have just about no turning radius and zero suspension. Makes me wonder how they can stand to ride in a car, a CAR higher off the ground than a 4x4, rides rougher than a 4x4, looks completely retarded, but, they think they look cool. Is it any wonder why cool and fool rhyme? There`s this one clown in town with early 80`s monte carlo that`s sitting so high off the ground my 8 year old nephew could walk under it without hitting his head. When I see it I can`t help but bust a gut laughing.
And to think, these cars came with low compression choked up 305`s with super high gears. The taller the wheel and tire the higher it makes the ratio, making the engine work twice as hard to keep the vehicle moving at cruise RPM. There wearing the drive train out in half the time and don`t even realize it. All in the name of looking cool.
What is even funnier is the shack where they park it at night, and when they have to pull away from a traffic light everyone has to jump out to push it cause those big tires and tall gears yaknow

#258 ·

I can't say too much about the Pacer as I did own one years ago. It was an ugly brownish gold with what looked like an Indian blanket interior. The rear quarters and rear pan were rusted out along with the bottom of the front fenders. I redid the interior with Javelin buckets and console and dyed the rest of the interior black, painted it Metallic blue Centari Acrylic Enamel. Added some Cragars and wider tires. I actually got quite a few positive comments on it. Not bad for less than $1000 total investment. And if you have never drove one or been in one, you CAN see all the way around you. No blind spots. So even though they were not a very good looking car on the outside, they did have some positive things going for it.
Then some people asked "Why a Pacer?" Why not :D It is different, no one really liked them, and I got a good deal on it. Why follow the crowd? Dare to be different. :thumbup: This is the only pic I have (days before digital) I wish I had a before pic, but the shape the car was in was worse than the purple one shown above.

Attachments

#259 ·
OOOH , a javelin ......I loved my 70 javelin... one of the few I wish I never sold.
I think you'll find that the ugly car owners are a devoted bunch (me included) my pacer was so ugly I was proud of its uglyness,it was a fun ,dependable car and I never really minded driving it. Ugly cars seem to have a personality all their own.

#261 ·
cobalt327 said:
LOL

I wonder what a photoshop'ed chop-top version of a Pacer could look like???

Or a rag top?
Ask and you shall receive...

The Porsche 928, who knew a supercar like this had Pacer pedigree in it's family tree. Chop the top, add pop up head lights and then raise the sticker price 10x... :D

I had many folks make the Pacer reference prior to adding the big ricer wing, now they just laugh and point... :(

Attachments

#267 ·
deadbodyman said:
F ing Randy .....this has got to be the funniest post ever, it still cracks me up everytime I see it....reminds me of a girl I once dated....

OOPS ,no pic its post #33 Page 3

Man!!!! are you still laughing at my first car.. :mwink: This was my very first build.. (STILL LEARNING) :drunk: :sweat: :pain: I had to end up selling it.. :mad: My wife wouldn't ride with me anymore.. :spank: :boxing: Plus the bag's kept flying off and started costing more then the gas.. :spank: I really hate to post a picture without the bag,,(I CAN'T !!! SHE WON'T LET ME) :pain:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.