Hot Rod Forum banner

The ugliest car ever made???

84K views 267 replies 67 participants last post by  deadbodyman 
#1 ·
One of the best things about this site is that we like and respect all make and models,they're all cool and we all have our favorites..But I think we can all agree that some cars are just ugly and nothing can be done to make them Not ugly. The ugliest car I ever drove would have to be a AMC Pacer it was totally embarrassing to drive I felt like a fish driving a fish bowl.I thought it would be interesting to get your opinions on the ugliest cars you guys ever drove? Mabee a vote would be cool....

#2 ·
You know what?...as soon as I saw the title of this thread, I just knew the Pacer was going to come up real early....LOL....I worked at the AMC plant in Canada, when they brought the 1st one to Canada in....Boy, what a shock.

But, if you look back now, I think that thing was way ahead of its time.....Look at some of the 90s Toyotas etc....big windows, same shape as a Pacer.........

To me, some of the ugliest cars had to be the early 60s Chrysler products.......But, then again, they are now considered cool.

#6 ·
ugliest cars...? mmm seems to me the ugliest cars are bing built right now .. look around, bathtub upside down with wheels, then there are the eggs, the rest basically they all look alike ............different badging, OH I could go on but you get the picture .

#12 ·
#14 ·
All I know is all these cars that are being mentioned have a very loyal following, why because it is an OPINION on what is beautiful and what isn't.

I personally have always liked the funky looking cars because they are often found in real nice condition for a lot less money. There are less reproduction and aftermarket parts made for them so they are more of a challenge as well.

Yep, I doubt there will be a Chinese repop steel body anytime soon for my Rambler. :) Which means anytime you see a 59 Rambler, you KNOW it's a REAL Rambler. You don't have to go and knock on it, ask or walk by because it is the 300th 32 Ford you have seen that day.

Do I think it is "ugly", yes! It has nothing going for it, still amazes me that a 59 Chevy Impala and a 59 Ford Turnpike Cruiser were built the same year!

On the Aztec, we had one at work that was a bright limish green metallic. It's license plate was "SHREK" LOLOLOL

Brian

#15 ·
skull said:
the early 1980's caddy's. long regualar looking fromtend but the rear sheet metal looks like it was cut off at a 35 degree angle with a chop saw and welded back together. :confused:

I don't know, even one of them can look pretty good with a little botox. :)

Brian

#19 ·
everyone says cars are like women some you keep and some you play with but I wonder if the ugly cars treat you better and are more loyal...I know my old rambler never let me down and jumped off many a nice looking car. It was a station wagon too.I loved that car but I sure did get some ribbing for driving it.It even waited to run out of gas till it got in the driveway...

#23 ·
:thumbup:
MARTINSR said:
I don't know, even one of them can look pretty good with a little botox. :)

Brian

That is absolutely pimptastic! Really, I like it. Most Sevilles of that body style I see around here are butt ugly. Beat, dragging its behind on the pavement, with $2K boomboxes in them. But that is kind of OK.

I've been seeing one around here lately that kind of caught my eye- two tone blue and grey, nice original condition. I gotta give the guy a little respect for rolling in a clean, original, quirky car. I give him :thumbup: :thumbup: for pride in ownership at the least.

I vote for the Aztec as being the ugliest too. First time I saw one I was actually puzzled about what it was and how it made it from design to production. With the butt ugly grey plastic garbage on it, I wondered if it was having bodywork done to it, but it was new. Different strokes, I guess.

#24 ·
most any car built after 79

anything 'euro styled'

pacers are so ugly that become cool, i wouldn't mind rodding one. i'd be the only one

aztec is one ugly pig

i bought a fully loaded 09 gmc full size truck (that means 8" bed),
i consider my gmc and the new fords as the ugliest trucks ever made
don't get me wrong, it's a nice truck, just f***ing ugly

#26 · (Edited)
pacer

most any car built after 74 for me

pacers are so ugly that become cool, i wouldn't mind rodding one. i'd be the only one.

nope you would be 2nd, up in seattle wa there is a 1976 o1977 prostreet pacer with a blown small block chevy and 16'' wide tires in back. actually looked kinda nice. sits about 3'' off the groud.

some people think this custom made green one is ugly, :D l think it's cute. :cool:

later

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.